First of all, I'd like to thank each of you for your patience as you stuck it out with me over these past few months when I could not give you a firm answer on what we're going to do to continue our Digital scrapbooking and printed projects. Today I have the solution for you.A Digital Solution for YOU:I am pleased to announce that I will be working with Heritage Makers - www.heritagemakers.com/betht
. Here's why I think it will work for YOU:
- It is a digital-only scrapbooking company.
- their free software program is web-based so can be used on both a Mac or PC.
- their concept for you, the customer, is interesting - the software, templates and art kits (in the thousands) are FREE. You can chose a Basic account or chose to have a Club HM membership - these monthly memberships are at the $30, $50 and $100 and, in essence, you are pre-purchasing print plans at a discount. These "publishing points" accumulate and you use them when you are ready to print your project - interesting, eh? So rather than spending $ on the software, templates or art, you spend it only on printing.
- you can stop or start the Club HM subscription any time. For instance, if you are considering a few Christmas gifts, it would be to your advantage to take the Club HM at the Gold Level ($100) for November and receive 150 publishing points - take the savings now - print your gifts and then decide if you need the Gold Level in future months.
- many of us are still happily using our StoryBook Creator program - that's ok, too. You can continue to create pages/books/projects in SBC and just load the completed pages/projects up to HM's website as jpegs for printing. This is my plan - I will begin to play in the HM Studio program, too, but there is no need to make any changes. I have a video that explains the "how-to" - let me know if you want to see it.
- Heritage Makers has all the same products we had at CM - including our 12x18 calendars! And a few more items that caught my eye.
- you can work with me and Heritage Makers from both Canada and the US - there are no border restrictions as I had in CM.
- Heritage Makers has been in Canada for approx 7 years but mainly out west. Although it was founded by 2 women in Calgary, it is a US-based company and so you will note that all prices are US$. Since so many of us are now online shoppers, I knew you've be familiar with factoring in an exchange rate. Heritage Makers prices are, in some cases, less than CM. I'm preparing a comparison chart on a few items so I have that info at hand for you.
- at one point in the past, Heritage Makers and CM printed at the same large printing company - I am good with the quality and I hope to have samples on hand soon for you to see and touch.What next? Please go check out my website - www.heritagemakers.com/betht
- there's lots of information. Set up your account, join the Club HM if you want to get going on printing your projects. Keep working on your projects!!I'll be coming out with lots more help and information for you - again, thanks for sticking with me and let's keep having fun with our photos and creating wonderful photobooks and gifts for our families!!!!! I am SO happy to have this sorted out.